Pages

8.23.2010

Look Here's Where I Write! Like, Sometimes or Whatever.

On a less regular basis than I first imagined.

Awesome phone interview on Thursday. Proud of how I did. REALLY proud that I sit in the very middle of a Borders cafe, on my cell phone, laptop open to company's site...that's something I wouldn't have been able to do before. I was not self conscious in the least. I felt energized, actually. And then I stayed at Borders for hours.

When missing books, I felt it good to be surrounded by them. At a bookstore where I always feel comfortable. More so than B&N. And definitely more so than the library. I went and got my card and most of the books I looked up where not just unavailable at that branch, but the message I got was "no copies available at any location." This is Austin, TX, people. I suppose we're a book buying town? Our bookstores do have good traffic...

Have come across awesome quotes recently. Feeling lazy to share anything at the moment. Maybe after the interview (before they call me back for round 3, or just be so impressed that they hire me outright) I can get back into another mindset. It was weird because at Borders I flipped through an amazing book about collage making and I got so inspired to start my art. I have the ideas and I know I have the talent. And duh, I have the time. I also have the excuses and something that gets in the way of taking that leap. Weird.

This weekend I made sofa cushions (yellow!). And tried not to get the NYT but by 2pm I was dying and had to have a copy. I read design and creative craft blogs. I watched shows on HGTV. This is not me growing old. I have loved such things or variations of them for over 20 years.

Interview on my mind today. Gonna prep later when I'm more focused. Or later in the evening so it's fresher in my mind for tomorrow. I do well on interviews because of the work I do beforehand. I gotta walk in there confident. And smile a lot. That helps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.